Andrew Magrath (biggrumpy) wrote,
Andrew Magrath
biggrumpy

  • Mood:

For all my Geeky Brothers and Sisters in Arms

Before I go --I really should have included this in my last post--, I wanted to throw up the best article I have ever read in my life. This one goes out to all my peeps that like their liquids to be "super", and their magnetic fields to be measured in the Tesla range:

This article appeared in the Tuesday September 27, 2005 Daily Yomiuri
“Australian authorities in the western Victoria city of Warrnambool believe that a man who left a trail of scorch marks and molten plastic behind him as he walked along had build up at least 30,000 volts of static electricity in his jacket. The Australian Broadcasting Corp. reports Frank Clewer’s first static discharges occurred when he walked into a local business. ‘Within say, around five minutes, the carpet started to erupt,’ he told the network. The Country Fire Authority evacuated the building and those around it, fearing the discharges could cause larger electrical problems. After Clewer scorched a piece of plastic on the floor of his car, he surrendered his synthetic jacket to fire authorities, who said it continued to release discharges even after he took it off.”

That isn’t a coat: it’s a super villain powersuit! 30,000 volts that is outrageous. What was that coat made out of, super-conducting YBCO? I want this coat. I want this coat REAL bad.
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 0 comments