I'm not big on the meme scene, but sheryden had a fun meme, so I stole it from her. Here are the rules:
1. Take five books off your bookshelf.
2. Book #1 -- first sentence
3. Book #2 -- last sentence on page fifty
4. Book #3 -- second sentence on page one hundred
5. Book #4 -- next to the last sentence on page one hundred fifty
6. Book #5 -- final sentence of the book
The bells of St. Mark's were ringing changes up on the mountain when Bud skated over to the mod parlor to upgrade his skull gun. But if one of these slowly rotating stars collapses down to a small size, the rate of rotation increases dramatically. True enough, one wall was all covered with silver screen, and direct opposite was a wall with square holes in for the projector to project through, and there were stereo speakers stuck all over the mestro. This one promeses to be bigger and bertter than ever before, and I wouldn't be surprised if four hundred million people showed up. "About an hour ago he took a sudden turn for the worse."
The Diamond Age -- Neal Stephenson
Black Holes and Warped Spacetime -- William J. Kaufmann
A Clockwork Orange --Anthony Burgess
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Amazing Colossal Episode Guide -- Writes of MST3
Deep River -- Endo Shusak